|Title||White Lies, Part 2|
|Airdate||September 12, 2016|
|Written by||Damani Johnson|
|Directed by||Sheelin Choksey|
|Previous episode||White Lies, Part 1|
|Next episode||White Lies, Part 3|
|Episode list||Season 5|
The Major Crimes unit continues to investigate the conspiracy behind Dwight Darnell’s murders and his links to the Zyklon-Brotherhood. Sharon Raydor, disturbed by her own reactions to the case, seeks penance in the Ritual of Confession.
- Hai Sun
- Court clerk believed to be a conspirator in the courtroom shooting.
- Found dead in a housing block belonging to the Zyklon Brotherhood.
- Poisoned to death
- Jordan Graff
- The "Father" of Zyklon Brotherhood.
- Criminal Attorney
Closing the CaseEdit
- Joe Pacheco as Gene Hecht
- Jamie Martz as Jordan Graff
- Daniel DiTomasso as undercover SIS Detective Wes Nolan
- Jaime Ray Newman as Wildred Darnell
- Jon Tenney as Deputy Chief Fritz Howard from the Special Operations Bureau and current Acting Director of Operations.
- Bill Brochtrup as Dr. Joe Bowman.
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner as Lieutenant Chuck Cooper from the Special Investigation Section.
- Rene Rosado as Gustavo Wallace.
- The ten arrested Zyklon Brotherhood members fates are not shown in the episodes beyond the squad questioning two of them. However, in a deleted scene for this episode, their fates are shown: two left their fingerprints on the bag containing Hai Sun's poisoned meal, four had bench warrants for their arrest, one owes child support, one is wanted for questioning in Reno, Nevada, one had meth in his pocket when arrested and one is not wanted for anything so he will spend the night in isolation to reconsider his friends.
- Accompanied by Provenza, Buzz once more interrogates Gene Hecht about his role in his father and uncle's murders. Armed with Jennifer Edwards' statement, Buzz demands the name of Gene's accomplice. After being threatened with the death penalty, Gene agrees to give up a name and to testify against his accomplice in exchange for remaining in his usual prison.
- Gene identifies a man named Bill Jones as his accomplice, but claims to know nothing about the man. Buzz sends Gene back to isolation while Provenza informs Gene of Buzz's connection to his victims.
- Buzz later informs Provenza that by searching the LAPD Library of Annuals, he believes he has identified the correct Bill Jones, a classmate of Gene's from high school with a juvenile record. However, Buzz is left concerned by the fact that Gene refused to tell them anything about Bill Jones beyond his name.
- Gus and Rusty watch the first Die Hard movie together which Gus promises is not violent as Rusty doesn't like violent movies. Die Hard is actually a movie with a great deal of violence.