|Sharon O'Dwyer Raydor|
|Name||Sharon O'Dwyer Raydor|
|Affiliation||Los Angeles Police Department|
|Division|| Force Investigation (The Closer)|
Major Crimes (Major Crimes)
|Family|| Richard William "Ricky" Raydor (Son)|
Emily Raydor (Daughter)
Rusty Beck (Adopted Son)
|Spouse(s)||Jackson Raydor (Ex-husband)|
|Played by||Mary McDonnell|
|First appearance||Red Tape|
In her first appearance, Raydor worked for the Force Investigation Division (FID), a division of the LAPD's Professional Standards Bureau which scrutinizes LAPD officer-involved shootings and other uses of force. She investigated Sgt. Gabriel after he was involved in a shooting with a homicide suspect.
Now the commanding officer of Major Crimes, her superior officer is Assistant Chief Taylor.
Sharon is estranged from her husband Jack, an attorney who moved to Las Vegas to gamble. They have a son, named Richard, and a daughter Emily. She was the legal guardian of Rusty Beck, a homicide witness in the Phillip Stroh case, one of Chief Johnson's last cases in Major Crimes. In "Down the Drain," Sharon was officially divorced and officially adopted Rusty. Sharon has developed a relationship with Lieutenant Andy Flynn over the course of Major Crimes, going with him as his date to his daughter's wedding and the Nutcracker among other things. When confronted by Flynn's daughter Nicole, both adamantly claim they are not dating though when Rusty points out how often they go out together into date-like environments, both are shown to be shocked by the revelation. Sharon asks Rusty about it afterwards and he tells her that she and Flynn are "not dating" several times a month. In "Snitch", Flynn decides to ask her on an actual date and Sharon accepts. In "Hostage to Fortune", the two inform Assistant Chief Taylor of the change in their relationship, telling him they are "old school" dating.
In "White Lies, Part 1", serial killer Dwight Darnell opens fire in a courtroom, killing several people, including Assistant Chief Taylor. During the incident, Sharon shoots Darnell who later dies of his wounds. Sharon is left disturbed by the shooting as she feels no remorse for taking his life.
- Her address is 4411 Los Feliz Blvd. Los Angeles, CA.
- Her phone number is 323-555-0112
- Maiden name is O'Dwyer as revealed in "Down the Drain"
- She seems to occasionally get insights into a case when talking to Rusty as shown in Cheaters Never Prosper and Turn Down.
- During the time between "Hindsight, Part 1" and "Hindsight, Part 5", Sharon is stated to be up for a new job as Chief of Security for the NFL. Sharon keeps having to put the interview off due to the investigation and presumably chooses not to take the job or not to take the interview as she retains her job in the Major Crimes Division afterwards.
- After the shooting in "White Lies, Part 1", Sharon tells Flynn that she not only wrote the questions she will get asked by FID, but the answers too.
- Before Sharon killed Dwight Darnell in "White Lies, Part 1", she never took a life as stated in "White Lies, Part 2".
- Sharon shares a first name with her adopted son Rusty Beck's biological mother Sharon Beck.
- Andy Flynn notes in "White Lies, Part 3" that despite spending most of her career in Internal Affairs and her adherence to the rules, Sharon can in fact be very sneaky with how she does things.
- In "White Lies, Part 3", Sharon states that she has no interest in being Russell Taylor's replacement.
|The Closer Characters|
|Brenda Leigh Johnson • Sharon Raydor • Fritz Howard • Will Pope • Russell Taylor • David Gabriel • Louie Provenza • Andy Flynn • Michael Tao • Julio Sanchez • Irene Daniels • Buzz Watson • Dr. Fernando Morales|
|Major Crimes Characters|
|Sharon Raydor • Louie Provenza • Andy Flynn • Michael Tao • Julio Sanchez • Amy Sykes • Buzz Watson • Rusty Beck • Russell Taylor • Fritz Howard • Dr. Fernando Morales • Andrea Hobbs|