|Title||Power of Attorney|
|Airdate||February 9, 2009|
|Written by||Michael Alaimo|
|Directed by||Rick Wallace|
|Previous episode||Junk in the Trunk|
|Next episode||Fate Line|
|Episode list||Season 4|
|“||If we weren't talking about rape, and murder, sounds like you'd make an ideal employee.||”|
— Brenda Leigh Johnson
A serial rape case has Brenda going up against a manipulative lawyer, whose involvment in the case may be greater than he lets on.
- Jessica Goodall
- Chris Dunlap, a deliveryman and previously suspected child molester
- Phillip Stroh, Dunlap's lawyer
Closing the CaseEdit
- This episode marks the final appearance of DDA Martin Garnett.
- In this episode, its unclear what Chris Dunlap's ultimate fate is sentencing wise. In “By Any Means, Part 3” of Major Crimes, its confirmed that Dunlap is spending the rest of his life in prison.
- This episode marks the first appearance of serial rapist and serial killer Phillip Stroh. Stroh becomes a major recurring enemy on both The Closer and the spinoff series Major Crimes and a personal enemy of both Brenda Leigh Johnson and Major Crimes protagonist Rusty Beck. Stroh's tenure in the Major Crimes Universe goes all the way through the final episode of Major Crimes, “By Any Means, Part 4”.