|Title||“Hindsight, Part 5”|
|Airdate||March 13, 2016|
|Written by||Michael Berchem & Duppy Demetrius|
|Directed by||Michael M. Robin|
|Previous episode||“Hindsight, Part 4”|
|Next episode||“Present Tense”|
|Episode list||Season 4|
Season Finale. The conclusion of “Hindsight” ties all the threads of seven murders together, with the field of suspects narrowed to three. And Mark Hickman finally confronts the truth about his past as Sharon Raydor makes good use of a highly unreliable witness. Provenza and Patrice solve their wedding issues.
Here is a list of all the victims featured in 'Hindsight':
- Tamika Weaver, 27 year old shot dead in her red SUV with her toddler.
- Jeremiah Barnes, shot dead in his mothers SUV.
- Malcolm Reese, an off-duty LAPD Officer murdered 12 years prior to the current story, during the robbery of a flower shop by two Bloods gang members.
- Rachel Gray, the Deputy District Attorney in charge of the Reese murder, murdered 12 years earlier.
- Eric Dunn, an LAPD Detective assigned as a bodyguard for DDA Rachel Gray, murdered 12 years earlier.
- Emile "Easy" Fisher, one of the robbers of the flower shop, 12 years ago. Murdered with a lethal overdose of heroin.
- Jon Barnes, father of Jeremiah Barnes and boyfriend of Tamika Weaver. Killed in a shoot-out with Lieutenant Chuck Cooper, Detective Amy Sykes and Dennis Price.
Here is a list of all the suspects featured in 'Hindsight':
- Daniel Price, was the shot caller of the 28th Street Bloods, 12 years ago. Currently the pastor of Salvation Community Church after turning to faith.
- Dennis Price, brother of Daniel Price. Used to be a member of 28th Street Bloods. Currently youth minister at Salvation Community Church.
- Emile "Easy" Fisher, one of the robbers of the flower shop, 12 years ago.
- Jesus "Lil Wheezy" Marquez , lives at the street where Tamika Weaver and her son were shot.
- Greg "Buddha" Mann, runs a chop shop in Fontana.
- Mark Hickman, former LAPD detective who committed perjury on the stand during the trial for Officer Reese's murder. He was having an affair with DDA Gray who he was in love with.
- Sherry Hickman, wife of Mark Hickman. Retired LAPD detective.
- Stephanie Dunn, an LAPD Narcotics detective whose husband was murdered along with DDA Gray.
- 9mm Uzi used to kill Officer Reese, DDA Gray, Detective Dunn, Tamika Weaver and Jeremiah Barnes.
- Heroin syringe used to kill Emile Fisher.
- Black tar heroin
- Corn starch. Found on the drug packages, grip of the Uzi, altar of the Salvation Community Church, syringe used to kill Emile Fisher, in Tamika Weaver's vehicle and on the phone used to call Tamika Weaver and Emile Fisher before their murders.
Closing the CaseEdit
- Julie Ann Emery (Detective Stephanie Dunn, whose husband was murdered along with DDA Gray. Dunn is a Narcotics detective temporarily assigned to the Weaver/Barnes murders.)
- Jason Gedrick (Mark Hickman, former LAPD detective who committed perjury on the stand during the trial following Officer Reese's murder. Was having an affair with DDA Gray who he was in love with.)
- Brigid Brannagh (Sherry Hickman, wife of Mark Hickman. Retired LAPD detective.)
- Tarik Lowe (Daniel Price, shot caller of the 28th Street Bloods, 12 years ago. Currently the pastor of Salvation Community Church.)
- Arjay Smith (Dennis Price, brother of Daniel Price. Used to be a member of 28th Street Bloods. Currently youth minister at Salvation Community Church.)
- Adam Irigoyen (Jesus "Lil Wheezy" Marquez, lives at the street where Tamika Weaver and her son were shot.)
- Edward 'Grapevine' Fordham Jr. (Greg "Buddha" Mann, runs a chop shop in Fontana, California.)
- Daniel Buran (Gary Lewis, Sharon Beck's ex-boyfriend.)
- Ever Carradine (Sharon Beck)
- Eric Garcetti (Mayor Ramon Quintero)
- Rene Rosado (Gustavo Wallace)
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner (Lieutenant Chuck Cooper from the Special Investigation Section (SIS).)
- Jon Tenney (Deputy Chief Fritz Howard from the Special Operations Bureau.)
- Dawnn Lewis (Patrice Perry/Provenza)
- Kathe Mazur (Deputy District Attorney Andrea Hobbs)
- Patrice and Provenza are married by Eric Garcetti, the current Mayor of Los Angeles, who also plays fictional Mayor Ramon Quintero. But who married them? The real mayor or the fictional one? The show never identifies which role Garcetti plays.
Sharon Beck's caseEdit
- Gary Lewis claims that Sharon Beck masterminded the armed robbery and offers to help put her in prison for a deal less than a third strike for himself. He also claims to have never abused or abandoned Rusty, that it was always Sharon.
- Unable to believe his mother guilty and at Sharon Raydor's suggestion, Rusty visits Gary in jail where Rusty gets Gary to admit to planning the robbery. Gary's reasoning is that after he got out of prison, he'd expected to return to a life of crime with Sharon who had turned her life around and wanted nothing to do with him. The robbery was blackmail to force Sharon back into a life of drugs and prostitution. He also confesses to abusing Rusty and shows no remorse for it nor the fact that he's now trying to send an innocent woman to jail.
- Satisfied with the conversation, Rusty leaves Gary with a parting shot and alerts Major Crimes and DDA Andrea Hobbs. Due to Gary refusing a lawyer, their conversation is admissible in court and Hobbs can make a deal with Sharon Beck to put Gary in prison for life while exonerating Sharon at the same time.
Provenza and PatriceEdit
- At the end of the episode, Provenza and Patrice finally get married in a small ceremony attended by the Major Crimes squad, Dr. Morales, Andrea Hobbs, Chuck Cooper, Rusty and Gus and presided over by the mayor of L.A., Ramon Quintero.
- During Rusty and Gary's conversation, Gary repeatedly states that he and Sharon were arrested together three years before. However, Sharon's arrest happened shortly before the events of "Flight Risk" which was at most two years before.