|Title||“Hindsight, Part 1”|
|Airdate||February 15, 2016|
|Written by||James Duff & Mike Berchem|
|Directed by||Michael Robin|
|Previous episode||“Penalty Phase”|
|Next episode||“Hindsight, Part 2”|
|Episode list||Season 4|
Winter Premiere. A young woman and her 3-year-old son are shot to death while driving through gang territory in the wrong colored car, and the gun used in the murder is quickly connected to the most troubling series of unsolved homicides in LAPD history. As Captain Sharon Raydor and the rest of her division attempt to solve the mystery, Amy Sykes begins an uneasy alliance with a disgraced former LAPD detective with a novel theory and a corrupt past.
This episode begins a five-episode story arc.
- Tamika Weaver, a 27 year old shot dead in her red SUV, along with her toddler.
- Jeremiah Barnes, Tamika's son, shot dead in his mother's SUV.
- Malcolm Reese, an off-duty LAPD Officer murdered 12 years prior to the current story, during the robbery of a flower shop by two Bloods gang members.
- Rachel Gray, the Deputy District Attorney in charge of the Reese murder, murdered 12 years earlier.
- Eric Dunn, an LAPD Detective assigned as a bodyguard for DDA Rachel Gray, murdered 12 years earlier.
- Daniel Price, the shot caller of the 28th Street Bloods when Reese, Gray and Dunn were murdered. Currently the pastor of Salvation Community Church after turning to faith.
- Emile "Easy" Fisher, one of the robbers of the flower shop, 12 years ago.
- Jesus "Lil Wheezy" Marquez, who lives at the street where Tamika Weaver and her son were shot.
- 9mm Uzi used to kill Officer Reese, DDA Gray, Detective Dunn, Tamika Weaver and Jeremiah Barnes.
- Black tar heroin.
- Corn starch on the drug packages
Closing the CaseEdit
- Julie Ann Emery (Detective Stephanie Dunn, whose husband was murdered along with DDA Gray. Dunn is a Narcotics detective temporarily assigned to the Weaver/Barnes murders.)
- Jason Gedrick (Mark Hickman, former LAPD detective who committed perjury on the stand during the trial following Officer Reese's murder.)
- Brigid Brannagh (Sherry Hickman, wife of Mark Hickman. Retired LAPD detective.)
- Cheryl White ("Firearms" Francine)
- Tarik Lowe (Daniel Price, the shot caller of the 28th Street Bloods when Reese, Gray and Dunn were murdered. Currently the pastor of Salvation Community Church after turning to faith.)
- Arjay Smith (Dennis Price, brother of Daniel Price. Used to be a member of 28th Street Bloods. Currently youth minister at Salvation Community Church.)
- Daniel Buran (Gary Lewis, Sharon Beck's ex-boyfriend.)
- Adam Irigoyen (Jesus "Lil Wheezy" Marquez, lives at the street where Tamika Weaver and her son were shot.)
- Ever Carradine (Sharon Beck)
- Jon Tenney (Deputy Chief Fritz Howard from the Special Operations Bureau)
- Rene Rosado (Gustavo Wallace)
- Curtis Armstrong (Defense Attorney Peter Goldman)
- Sharon Beck has turned her life around, being confirmed sober for months and having an apartment.
- Rusty learns of something possibly being wrong when he finds Gary Lewis, Sharon's ex-boyfriend that abandoned him at the zoo stalking him in search of his mother.
- With the help of Gustavo Wallace, Rusty briefly talks to Sharon through FaceTime before she panics when she learns Gary is looking for her and sends Gus away, telling Rusty he needs to stay far away from her.
Rusty and GusEdit
- Rusty is confirmed to have started dating Gus, but is forced to cancel a date due to his fears for his biological mother. Instead, Gus offers to aid Rusty in speaking to his mother through FaceTime, with the two sharing a kiss before parting.