|Airdate||August 29, 2005|
|Written by|| Story by James Duff |
Teleplay by Wendy West and Roger Wolfson
|Directed by||Gloria Muzo|
|Previous episode||LA Woman|
|Next episode||Standards and Practices|
|Episode list||Season 1|
|“||Add quote here.||”|
— Who said it?
When woman for whose murder a psychopath on death row was convicted years ago turns up freshly dead of a drug overdose, Brenda reinvestigates the case to find out who actually was killed.
- "Lisa Barnes"; real name, Samantha Jones
- Bill Croelick, murder suspect
- Andy Flynn
- Anthony Easton, psychologist
- Roy Barnes, Lisa Barnes' husband
- Kimberly Barnes, Roy's current wife
Closing the CaseEdit
- Jason O'Mara (Bill Croelick)
- Jefferson Mays (Dr. Anthony Easton)
- Tim Griffin (Roy Barnes)
- Stephanie Childers (Kimberly Barnes)
- Lorraine Toussaint (Deputy D.A. Janet Powell)
- Larry Cedar (Dr. Nelson Graydon)
- Brenda speculates sarcastically whether a victim trained for her alleged suicide with the Cirque du Soleil. Cirque du Soleil is a Montreal-based circus/acrobatics troupe known for their modern approach to the circus, mixed with dance, acrobatics and music.
- Gabriel makes reference to a suspect being "ready for [their] close-up", a play on the famous line from the film Sunset Blvd.
- Flynn permanently transfers to Priority Homicide.