|Airdate||July 23, 2012|
|Written by||Duppy Demetrius|
|Directed by||Paul McCrane|
|Previous episode||Fool's Gold|
|Next episode||Last Rites|
|Episode list||Season 7|
|“||Add quote here.||”|
— Who said it?
Brenda's investigation of the murder of a cancer doctor brings up issues with her father's illness.
Closing the CaseEdit
- Jonathan Del Arco Dr. Morales
- Ransford Doherty Coroner's Investigator Kendall
- Shanti Lowry Ann Mason
- Lennie Loftin Dr. Steven Parr
- Tim Martin GleasonWally Sanders
- Michelle L. Gardner Lori Shaw
- Akiko Morison Rita Lee
- This episode was rated US TV-14-LV.
- Original International Air Dates:
Canada: July 25, 2012 on Super Channel 1 / Super Channel 1 HD
Finland: September 24, 2012 on MTV3
Czech Republic: December 17, 2012 on Prima LOVE
Turkey: January 8, 2013 on CNBC-e
- Much ado is made over Dr. Parr not releasing the names of patients seen by the practice on the day of the murder. Ann Mason cites the federal government's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to bolster Dr. Parr's refusal. In point of fact, HIPAA allows release of identifying information to police -- name, birth date, social security number and physical description among others -- for purposes of investigation. By claiming the patients present as suspects or material witnesses, Brenda could have done an end run around both of them with one of her patented creative truths.
- We learn that Capt. Raydor married a lawyer who became a drunk and a gambler and has been separated from him for 20 years.