|Airdate||August 29, 2011|
|Written by||Steven Kane|
|Directed by||Steve Robin|
|Previous episode||A Family Affair|
|Next episode||Star Turn|
|Episode list||Season 7|
|“||Add quote here.||”|
— Who said it?
The Major Crimes Division dukes it out with the D.A.'s office when an inmate who claimed to have knowledge of an upcoming hit by a drug cartel is murdered.
- Ray Diamond
The Closing the CaseEdit
Sharon Raydor invites Gavin to the precinct to interview members of the team, in an effort to ensure Peter Goldman cannot harm them.
Although none of the members are prepared or even happy with the idea, Gavin is satisfied with both the interviews and the results of the case Brenda dealt with during that time. He tells everyone that whether or not the case goes to court, Peter cannot win, no matter what he does, Gavin will succeed.
- Jonathan Del Arco as Dr. Morales
- Ransford Doherty as Coroner's Investigator Kendall
- Jon Sklaroff as Ray Diamond
- Brian Howe as Nick Rhodes
- Andrew Polk as Robert Curtis
- Lela Loren as Maria Flores
- Sean Carrigan as Sergeant Stanton
- Marco Morales as Hector Medina
- Roderick McCarthy as Deputy
Special Guest Stars
- Mark Pellegrino as Gavin Q. Baker III
- This episode is the latest to explore the complex working relationship between the City of Los Angeles and the County of Los Angeles.
- A kite, in jailhouse terms, is correspondence received while incarcerated. In this context, Ray Diamond given a message (the kite) by a prisoner, and was to pass it on to someone coming to visit him.
This episode was rated US TV-14-LV.
Original International Airdates:
Finland: April 16, 2012 on MTV3
Czech Republic: August 8, 2012 on Prima LOVE
Belgium: July 22, 2012 on VT4
Turkey: November 6, 2012 on CNBC-e