|Airdate||July 18, 2016|
|Written by||Ralph Gifford|
|Directed by||Paul McCrane|
|Previous episode||“Skin Deep”|
|Next episode||“Tourist Trap”|
|Episode list||Season 5|
Det. Julio Sanchez's application to become a foster parent is jeopardized by his reactions to a particularly gruesome murder after the Major Crimes Division finds a chopped up body burned to bits in the barbecue pit of an L.A. Park.
- Adrian Silva, 26 year-old professional poker player.
- Body was chopped to pieces and dumped in a barbecue pit.
- Dax Pirig
- Owner of Social Public Service, a company updating the victims social media on his behalf.
- Glen Cole
- Employee at Social Public Service and the handler of Adrian Silva's accounts.
- Dino & Kate Kotero, owners of Kotero Digital Solutions which is a computer security company.
- Adrian Silva's poker "backers". They provided him cash in return of a portion of his profits.
- Adrian owed them $30,000.
Closing the CaseEdit
- Sonya Leslie (DCFS case worker Cynthia)
- Detective Sanchez's actions in the suspects arrest launched an a inquiry as to whether he would be qualified to receive the LAPD's Medal for Valor. The Medal for Valor is the LAPD's highest law enforcement medal. It is awarded for acts of extraordinary bravery or heroism performed in the line of duty when the officer is in extreme and life-threatening personal risk.
- When Julio was in a foot pursuit with the suspect, Lt. Provenza broadcast "Officers Need Help". An "Officer(s) Needs Help" call is used when an officer requires immediate help for a life-threatening incident, a serious bodily injury, death, or a serious threat to public safety is imminent.